Today was a much better day. Thanks to everyone who commented on my Wednesday post - I seem to lose my perspective at times. I appreciate my family and friends for supporting me, especially when I have these little mini meltdowns.
My parents called me Wednesday afternoon and invited me to go to lunch with them today. They are so good about calling and stopping over. Several years ago they found this pizza/sub shop in Carlisle that they love. Every now and then they hop in the car and make the trip there for Italian subs. It was a treat and I really enjoyed going with them. When I came back in the house by myself, instead of being depressed because it was nearly time for the pm chore, I was excited because Kera was coming.
I really need to thank Kera for coming to my rescue during the afternoon exercises today. After my previous post, she said she would be here to help me get through them. She was wonderful. She was helpful, encouraging, and took pics so I could compare them to last week. That hour went so fast. I'm lucky to have such a great kid.
This evening neighbor Deb invited us for homemade chicken corn soup. Mmmmmm. It was yummy. Despite the heat, we went out for my 2/3 mile walk which I skipped earlier today because it was just way too hot out.
When I was so upset the other day, I called mine brither. I explained my struggle getting through the exercises twice daily and asked if he would come over at 9 a.m. to be with me and then go out for breakfast. What a guy. No hesitation whatsoever, the answer was immediately, "Yes, I'll be there." I know you're all wishing you could have a brither like mine, but you can't have him!
I spoke with my friend Kim tonight about scrapping next weekend. She was very understanding about all my concerns and basically told me that she had everything covered and I needed to get away. Why I didn't just call her before to discuss the issue like a big girl is beyond me. It would have been so much better than internalizing it all and giving myself yet one more thing to worry about. Now it's something I'm looking forward to (mostly!) and can start to pull my stuff together.
In general, I've just been in a much better frame of mind today. I can't give myself credit for pulling myself out of the hole I dug though. Thanks to everyone for helping me and supporting me and most of all for putting up with my craziness.
1 comment:
Unless you're single...
Post a Comment