Began my next to the last week of therapy this week and started to address some of the goals I listed on a previous post.
1. Standing for any length of time. I spoke with Nate about this today. Apparently this is just going to take time...a lot of time...like 3-4 months. I asked if there was anything I could do to help this along but there doesn't appear to be any exercise or anything to do but wait. And we all know my strong point is patience.
2. Increase flexion to 120 degrees in both knees. Today I hit 115 in the right and 105 in the left. The good news is that Nate is confident we'll hit 120 in the right but not so sure now about the left. Looks like it will take longer for the left.
3. Sleep in my own bed. Last night was just a clone of the last six weeks. I sleep until about 1, take tylenol around 2, and then am awake just about every hour on the hour. Playing with the body pillow, playing with the bottom of the bed, just totally frustrated. Maybe this will be next week.
5. Drive the car. Yes! I'm driving locally and took myself to therapy this morning. No interstate stuff yet, but expect that will come soon as I gain more confidence. Note to Brent: This does not mean that I am free to run all your errands now.
Today at rehab I ran into an acquaintance I haven't seen for several years. She's a nurse and is probably 10 years older than I am. Two weeks ago she had one knee replaced and she is already at 115 degrees flexion. WTH? I have worked my a$$ off for six weeks to get to 115 degrees in only one leg and she already has that much in only two weeks. Yes I know. She only had one knee done. She used a CPM machine. Every person and every knee is different. Yeah, I know. But seriously, WTH?
No comments:
Post a Comment