We had another beautiful weekend and I'm holding onto summer with both hands. I did my exercises on Saturday and took Sunday pretty much off. Brent and I went to Wildwood for a quick 1.25 mile walk before heading off to dinner with friends. If you like Italian food and haven't tried Dolce Vita in Enola, give it a shot. It's BYOB and the food was pretty good.
Things were a bit tight on Monday. I struggled with seat setting #6 on the Nu-Step and my knee was killing me on the bike. I just cannot get my stinking left knee around without sacrificing form. I always think about what my yoga instructor, Cindy Zubritsky always said. Push it a little further, as far as you can with no sacrifice to form. That would be me on the bike. I'm reconciled to the fact that for now at least my left hip is going to come way up, I do my absolute best to keep my knee coming straight back rather than compensating by bending it in, and my ankle/foot just can't do exactly what it's supposed to.
Tuesday was a really good knee day. The right leg was great and the left leg was at least loose enough that it didn't feel like I was dragging a weight around the middle of my leg. By 7:30-8:00 at night they were tired and a bit stiff, but on the whole, it was a good day. I have my home exercise regimen down pretty good. It takes me about 40 minutes in the morning to do the exercises on my stomach and back. During the day I am very conscious about pulling my knees in as far as I can while I'm sitting. I try to do 30 of the exercises where my knees are pulled in and I stand up and sit down. Then, at night, I do the standing stretches and the ones on my stomach. I am going to start trying to at least rock them on the bike trying to get them around.
Today seems to be another good day. My knees were pretty loose going to PT this morning. Jeff commented that he's puzzled as to why the left knee isn't doing better on the bike. Apparently you need between 100-105 degrees flexion to make it around okay. He feels that I'm very close to getting that with this stinking left leg, but I am really struggling. At the end, he thinks it's the hamstrings being so darn tight. He asked what I did yesterday at home. I went through everything and he was stunned. He said I am certainly doing more than I need to and that he wished even half of his patients would do as much.
I have approved PT sessions 3 days a week through November 18. I guess I just keep pushing on and hope this knee comes around.
No comments:
Post a Comment