I continue to be impressed by Jeff Conforti. Despite the surgeon telling me he bent my knees to 120 degrees during the manipulation, they are getting roughly 95 degrees flexion when cold right now. We have discontinued me pedaling my spin bike at home until I get 100 degrees flexion in the left leg. This is because while I have managed to spin, I have sacrificed form to compensate for the fact that I don't have the flexion to really spin correctly. By lifting my left hip, bending my left knee inward, and dipping my ankle down I was able to make the revolution. But I was not making the revolution by correctly bending my leg and not compensating. I hope what I just wrote makes sense when you read it.
Anyway, today we tried to start out on the elliptical but it was evident within the first 2 minutes that it wasn't working due to the lack of flexion. Again, I had to compensate too much form to do it correctly. We nixed that and began doing some stretching exercises, again trying to stretch the hamstring. While I was face down doing one of the exercises, I sensed someone coming to my side. She said, "Donna Gault, I know that's not your last name now. How are you?" It is a small world. Who knew little Shannon Benner would grow up to be such a beautiful physical therapist?!! But I digress. We then went to some equipment and ended up on that funky bike. The good news is that we were able to move the seat forward one more notch at the end. Jeff thinks that we reached 95 degrees flexion today and I'm happy with that. I've got to take every little bit of progress I can as I feel I am all but starting all over.
1 comment:
Interesting seeing Shannon Benner. I am friends with her on FB, and yes, she is very pretty.
Post a Comment