Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week in Review

The hospital bed is gone! Woohoo. We're starting to put the living room back to normal. In fact, it would probably be there if I could stay awake past 8 pm! I'm sure we'll finish it up over the weekend. I can do the heel slides on the couch. I'm moving the weights and the bolster up to the bedroom. Sadly, the spin bike remains in the living room.

There is some good news on the bike though. I was able to move the seat down another inch. It hurts like heck on the first few revolutions, but after they get warmed up, things go a little better. I ordered a pair of riding shorts and gloves tonight. The nether regions have done better since I was able to move the seat down a bit but the shorts should help too. I'm hoping that the gloves will help with the arthritis at the base of my right thumb. We'll see.


Walking has not been spot on this week. I got a long one in with Renee on Monday and Friday. Deb kindly walked 2/3 of a milewith me on Tuesday - we were long overdue to catch up with each other. Today Renee and I walked across the walking bridge to City Island. Renee tells me that it's .25 one way across. We walked along the river a bit and came up to the walkway at the end of the stadium. So, it was 1/2 mile with a little more, plus the distance to and from the office. My guess is it may have been a little over .75 mile all told. Not bad as my knees were a bit stiff today and yesterday (the rain perhaps?)

Speaking of my knees, I"ve been telling Brent for the last few days that my knees look bruised on the front. Tonight he agreed. Well, they are not bruised, they're just dirty. I know that because of the scars and the fact that my knees are still very tender that I haven't exactly scrubbed over them much. Sort of lightly around. How embarassing. I have dirty knees and not for any exciting reasons either! LOL!


We decided to fix Brent's hardshell craving by going to Giatti's on Wednesday night for their all you can eat hardshell crabs. Since it was his actual birthday, we invited mine brither to go along. Sadly, they weren't very good. Ok, I expected them to be small - all-you-can eat places always have small ones. But, they were overcooked to the point of smushiness. Yes, that is a very scientific word used only when discussing the texture of blue crabs cooked in their hard shells. I guess it was too much to think that an Italian restaurant would really "get" the whole hardshell experience, and it was amusing. They brought us each 6 crabs in a pasta bowl. We asked for a tray for the shells and got a regular dinner plate. We asked for paper towels and got more napkins. Geez, folks, what happened to paper covered tables with crabs dumped on them? Yeah, the sides were humorous too. A salad and a side of pasta were included. Pasta? No thank you, we'll have french fries! While the crabs weren't great, the company was and despite it all, we had a good time. Pretty funny actually.


I'm glad this work week is over. I've been in bed very early every night. Ah, these golden years, I'm loving them.

No comments: