That was one of the headlines in the Patriot News yesterday. After 3 months, I'm still waiting to be set free. One thing they got right was that "Replacements become common but are still a major undertaking." No sh** Sherlock.
Interestingly enough, the doctor I originally saw here in Harrisburg said that while 20 years ago it was rare to see anyone younger than 60 who needed a replacement, today they see quite a few baby boomers getting them. Yes, that would be me, and he was pretty adamant when I saw him last fall that he didn't want to do surgery because I was too young.
The article got it right that a substantial commitment of time and energy is needed to recover and rehab the knee. They stated that, "Patients need to be able to take two months out of their lives for surgery, physical therapy and home exercises and be committed mentally and physically..." I've done pretty good on the physical side but sometimes battle with the mental side of it. Nobody can say that I haven't worked my tail off, and it's been a struggle the whole way.
I called Nate, my physical terrorist today and he's going to do a measurement on Thursday evening. Brent took a measurement this weekend but didn't seem very confident about it. Not to mention that 110 L and 120 R was exactly where I was a month ago. This would mean that I've spent a month back to work, exercising as much as possible, and making zero progress. If that's truly the case, I see a bigger mental struggle ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment