Total Pageviews

Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Weekend at Home

Although Brent's getting antsy, we spent another weekend at home. Somehow we managed to keep him busy enough that there wasn't nearly as much whining and complaining as last weekend.

Saturday he decided to smoke a turkey so we invited my folks over. While it was the best turkey ever, it wasn't ready until 8:00 pm. That's way late for my diabetic Mom and I'm hoping she had an okay night. Dad sprang for the 3B ice cream to take care of my raspberry cone craving. mmm mmm good.

Yesterday we headed for the pool at the gym for a change in my exercises. I was moving pretty slowly going into it but was pretty happy with the result. Brent stayed with me for the most part which is always so helpful. When I put on a floation belt to head for deeper water to bicycle Brent headed for an open lane and a little bit of training. Although it didn't seem like I was doing much, my knees sure felt it.

Dinner with Deb and Loren at the Texas Roadhouse was tasty and, and our waitress was a total hoot. The only problem was that by the time we shared an appetizer, had a salad and a roll, I was stuffed. I picked at my baked potato and ate a little of my chopped steak smothered in onions, muchrooms and cheese. Looks like Brent will have a good lunch tomorrow.

It's nice to do something with friends on a Sunday night. Takes your mind off having to go to work the next day.

No comments: