Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rita's Reward

So many people volunteered to take out my staples. I'm humbled by such generosity :)


The staple crisis has been averted. Amazing what happens when people talk. My surgeon's people talked to my primary physician's people and voila! Staples and meds taken care of. So, tomorrow afternoon I'll look like Frankenstein. At least from the knees down.


Had my first real day of outpatient PT today. It's hard to see progress when you go through this. It must be how anorexic's see themselves. The fact is that as I struggle through the exercises and just daily movement in general, I can't always see improvement. Jayne has been great this week at coaching me through the exercises and mentioning when something looks significantly better. Yesterday she made a comment about a bending exercise and the improvement she was seeing. Well, she was right. At the end of therapy today they took measuremens and you won't believe the improvement since only Monday: Right knee had 65 degree bend; today - 85 degree. Left knee was 52 degrees and today it was 62 degrees. Now that's change I can believe in!

In fact, it's such good progress Jayne's taking me to Rita's this afternoon for a little treat after the next round of exercises today. Who wouldn't be excited about that!

No comments: