At 1:15 this morning when the terrible burning in my legs began again, I reconsidered the ultram. I gave in at 2:00 and gagged down a saltine with some gingerale and popped the pill. At 3:00 the pain had lessened but I wasn't sure I was going to get back to sleep. Finally though, I got lucky. Although I woke up several moe times, I was able to get the best night's sleep I've had since this begain.
I took another ultram at 8 this morning and headed off to my 9:00 rehab appointment. This is the first time that I actually cried during the rehab exercises. I knew that the goal would be to get my left knee to the goal of 90 degrees. On the stair stretch Nate told me to push the last few to just below scream level. Well, I didn't scream but I did moan and I sure did cry. My right knee made 97 degrees flexion but my left knee fell short at 85.
This is when rationalization can be a good thing. Rick and Nate decided that since I was so sick on Wednesday and was unable to exercise that I probably would have made it otherwise. So, I have this weekend until we measure again on Monday. I think I'll be at scream level a good bit over the next few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment