
Although I'm not a car or Nascar fan, how could we possibly go to Daytona and not take a tour of the Speedway? This 2-hour tour was well worth the time.

Here's Paul in the garage area. Generally you can look in the window and see the mechanics working on the cars. We were walking in the fan area and Brent found the way to Pit Road and one of the cars in the Rolex series races.

You can ride along in one of the Richard Petty cars for $143 or you can actually take a class and drive the car yourself. In the video you will see two cars. The first is the pace car for the second car with the novice driver. I can't begin to tell you how much I wanted to do a ride along. Next time I will definitely be doing that.

The tour takes you down along Victory Lane and you have time to have your picture taken there.

These pictures were taken from the sky box, looking down on the track and down on the main grand stand. I can't imagine what kind of zoo this place would be like during a race. The grandstands on both the front and back stretches hold almost $150,000 fans. That doesn't include the pit areas, the infield, etc. Crazy!

This is the car that won the Daytona 500 last year. I'm so pathetic I have no idea who even won the race last year, but hey, it's a cool orange car with cool stickers!

This video shows some cars going around turn 3 or 4. The sounds are so cool. Man, I really want to ride in one of those cars!
No comments:
Post a Comment