Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Florida Here We Come

Brent surprised me a week or so ago when he told me that he thought we could use some US Air miles to visit my cousin Memory in Florida over the MLK holiday weekend. Memory and Paul have been asking us to come visit them for some time. But, every time we've been to Florida no one can usually get me off Disney property. With all the freezing cold weather, we've had I was looking forward to a warmer climate.

Our neighbors picked us up at 4:15 a.m. (yes, in the morning!) and delivered us to the airport. We arrived in Jacksonville FL at 10:30 and my cousing, Memory, was right there to pick us up curbside. Paul and one of his co-workers met us for lunch and then we continued on our way to Palm Coast. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I needed a 2-hour nap before dinner.


My cousin Marcia lives about 10 minutes away from Memory and she kindly invited us for dinner. Brent snapped what I think is a great picture of Marcia, me, and Memory. It was a great evening and we were happy that Greg (Marcia's dh) managed to get home in time to visit with us for awhile. I haven't seen Marcia in about 5 years or so, so it was good to spend a little time with her.

No comments: