
My friend Renee turned 40 last week. Her husband planned a wonderful party at the Dauphin County Bar Association. I love the picture of Renee today vs Renee at 18. To be honest, with the exception of the 80's hair, that's pretty much what she looked like when I met her just after she graduated from law school.

The food was wonderful. I took a bunch of pictures - you never know when I will have the opportunity to steal some ideas! I was particularly enthralled with the spring rolls, cut sharply on the diagonal, and served in Asian spoons on top of mirrors. Wow! Pretty spectacular.

Add to that crab fondue, hummas and montrachet/pistachio dip with toasted pitas, baked brie, sesame chicken, and three kinds of bruschetta. But wait, that's not all. Filet mignon heated in a white wine sauce, topped with sauteed mushrooms atop a slice of baguette topped it all off.


Have you ever watched Ace of Cakes? Well, I believe that Charm City cakes start at $1200. Jeff used a bakery in Paxtang that did these incredible cakes. I didn't mention before that Renee has a shoe fettish. An expensive shoe fettish. An expensive designer shoe fettish. So, the them was, of course, shoes. Not just any shoes though...the theme was her shoes. The two cakes were replicas of her shoe boxes and the piece de resistance was a fondant shoe that looks exactly like the real thing.
Jeff spent 8 months planning this party for Renee. I hope it was the party she dreamed of.
1 comment:
man i love those pink shoes--i am so glad I just finally bought them (after trying them on a dozen times...). and hey--gotta love the 80s hair!!
thanks again for all your help in making the party such a success!
Post a Comment