I'm not going. There are no classes I want to take. There are no supplies I NEED. No, I'm not going.These were my comments regarding the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge back when registration opened up several months ago. There are a variety of classes, lots of shopping, several crops (which I never go to), and generally just a fun filled weekend filled with scrapbooking. I didn't go last year (I scrapped with friends instead), and I resolved not to attend this year either. No special reason, but I really wasn't excited about the classes.
Friday came and I wasn't even thinking about CKC, although my close friend, Renee was there. Until the afternoon. That's when the emails started. "Oh, my class was awesome!" "Oooh, there are 50 more vendors than before!" "There's an entire Cricut booth!" Yeah. My mind started churning, by blood started boiling, the scrapbooking bug was obviously spreading through my body. Hmmmm. Now all I needed was somebody to go with me.
That's where Kim comes into the picture. I started emailing Renee's emails to Kim. "Perhaps we could go?" No response. "I could be talked into going." No response. Then, there it was. What I was hoping for - "What time are we leaving in the morning. Closer to my house can get on Turnpike at Lebanon, you staying over tonight?"
Yeah, this is what friends are for. One to drag you into trouble and one to jump into the fire with you. Life is good!
1 comment:
I was so excited you guys decided to join me. spending $$ is so much more fun with friends!!! and you got some really cool stuff too boot!
Post a Comment