Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another Wednesday Night With Grandma

I had nothing planned. What to do, oh what to do.

Me - What would you like to do tonight?

G - Go to the playground and then go feed the ducks.


We haven't done this for awhile - at least since the heat of summer. Gwen and I grabbed a few slices of bread in a plastic bag, and headed for the playground first.

G - Push me really fast Grandma.

Me - Sit down in the middle.

G - Spin me really fast Grandma. I want to be dizzy.


She was dizzy alright, I was trying to steady her, but she fell flat on her butt! That didn't stop her from doing it again......and again!



Moving over to the sliding board, I was pretending to be a monster, catching her, tickling her. At one point, she was climbing up the ladder, babbling on about something. As soon as I knew she couldn't see me, I ducked under the sliding board. "Uh oh.....Grandma?" The Grandma monster jumped out from under the sliding board, roaring, and tickling a giggly little girl.

G - Do it again, Grandma.

Me - If I do it again, you won't be surprised.


G - Yes I will. I promise, Grandma.


Gwen enjoys posing these days, and of course, Grandma loves taking the pictures. When you have such a cute model, who can resist?


After our romp in the playground, we walked down to the pond. Quite a few ducks arrived for the feast.

Gwen's getting some oomph behind her pitches - she's getting the bread out to the ducks these days.

Good to the last crumb!

No comments: