Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Dratted Flat

Brent's first tri of the season was held at General Smallwood State Park at Indianhead MD. this was an Olympic distance race 1.5k swim, 40k bike, and 10k run. The swim went well - as usual - it's one of Brent's better sports. The bike was smoking until he hit that little piece of glass! That accounted for the first flat. The second flat, 5 minutes later, can be chalked up to him missing the piece of glass still embedded in the tire. Oops! A good thing he carries 2 spares and 2 co2 cartridges, eh?! This debacle left him a bit deflated for his least accomplished sport - the running. oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad! Brent insists I mention how hot it was - I suppose 85 degree weather made his run more challenging than normal.

As usual, I rounded up a bunch of strangers to cheer him across the finish line. He always tells me he can't hear me yelling for him, so I typically ask people near me to cheer him on. One down, two more to go.

3 comments:

Renee said...

bummer on the flat(s) but cudos to brently for hanging in there!!!

DailySAHM said...

Great job Brently! Two weeks till Musselman! I'll scream loud enough that even those treacherous razor mussels will hear me.

Donna said...

I'm glad you're coming along, Kera! We'll have a great time hitting the wineries not to mention dinner at the Red Newt!