Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Busy Week

Don't you wonder why time is flying by so quickly? It seems to me that not all that many years ago I seemed to have so much more free time. I'm trying to figure out what has happened to make life so complicated, difficult, and stressful.

While we made good progress on the leaves last weekend, we still have piles all over the front and side that need to be raked onto tarps and dragged to the street. At least another full day of work ahead and lousy weather on the horizon.

Monday night Travis brought Kylie over. We haven't seen her since July 15, so we were very excited to see her. I've had a gift for her from our October trip to Disney and I bought her Christmas dress. I'm tickled pink that Kylie was thrilled with both of them. She's getting so big I can't believe it. A real tangible example of time going so fast. I stole this picture from Trav.


Renee invited me to see Michael Buble on Tuesday. While I knew who he was and the type of music he performs, I'm really not very familiar with his music. Well, the concert was quite a pleasant surprise - Michael Buble is awesome. His band was great, he has a great voice, he's very funny, and he really plays to his audience. It was a great evening.

Each day I get up and go to work like millions of other people. Once again, as it has been for the last 26 years of employment, my job is in jeopardy. I am at the point where I just feel that no matter where I go, all hell breaks loose. This job is no different. The timing for this job wasn't the best as a month after moving there I had my knees done and was off work for 2 months. Now, the organization I moved to looks like it will be disappearing which leaves me in a quandry just about as bad as the one I just came from. Is there a sign on my back? A black cloud floating over my head? Seriously? WTF? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I guess I'll be thankful for having a job at least one more day.

No comments: