I belong to a book club that meets monthly. I only knew two of the women prior to joining the group during its first year. Over the last year or so the group saw many changes as people left and new people joined. It's a diverse group, many of whom are attorneys. There are conservatives and liberals, over the top boisterous and introverts; smart women all.
While the composition of club changed, the members are an amazingly kind group of women. I know I previously mentioned that my book club friends gave me an Amazon gift card and dream dinners prior to my surgery. Last night I was able to thank them all not only for the kind and thoughtful gifts, but also the support and friendship they offered during my rehab. I received visits, cards, and many emails during the first three months. Some of those emails came from women I barely knew. One in particular blew me away with her kindness and thoughtfulness. I know who she is, but not much beyond that. Truly, someone I barely knew took the time to send me thoughtful emails, asking how I was doing, offering encouragement and support.
To my fellow book club friends who were not in attendance last night, please know how much I appreciated your friendship during the past few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment