After touring the Melk Abbey, we went into the small town of Melk for lunch. We got lucky and found a spot right on the square and went into one of the restaurants for lunch. All of a sudden we realized that people were gathering all along the sidewalk. Our waitress told us there was a prade for "Carnival" - we had completely forgotten that it was Fat Tuesday! Brent didn't seem too interested, so I went out and found a great spot to watch.

One of my favorites were these crazy women line dancing to Achy Breaky heart. Too funny.

You would never see this in the states. They were handing out different shots of schnapps along the parade route. Who am I to say no? I mean, when in Rome....!!

I liked the chefs. They were handing out some type of a hot dish with beef (I hope it was beef), potatoes, and fresh horseradish grated over the top. It was yummy. At the end, people were handing out chocolates. Mmmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment