Deb and Loren, our neighbors, have been engaged ever since I've known them. Granted, that's not all that long, but from what I've heard, they've been together a long time. How long, you ask? Well, rumor has it they've been dating for 15 years. Now that's a long, long time!
These two planned so many little special touches to their wedding. I think they were pretty stressed at the end, trying to make everything come together.
Loren asked Brent to be an usher, and he looked very handsome in his tux and yarmulka.
This was the first Jewish wedding we have attended. One of those special touches included in the program a description of what they were doing during the ceremony and what it symbolized. It was beautiful and they looked so joyous as they came out of the synogogue.
The reception was held at the Antique Car Museum in Hershey. What a great place! As we walked in the front door, one of the first "attractions" was Loren's Harley. I don't know if you've ever been to the museum, but each attraction has a full description of the item and the owner. What a hoot. We grabbed some wine and some appetizers and began to browse the exhibits. Along the way we found a drive-in with a slide show of Deb and Loren (yes, Simon and Miss Emmy were included). I don't think anyone was making out in the back of any of those antique cars though. Very entertaining!
Downstairs, where the reception was held, displayed Loren's prized VW...yes, you read that correctly....VW. We dined among the buses and a really cool old diner. Loren made the table numbers with LCD's and model cars sitting on top, and our favors were Hot Wheels cars. Very clever.
All that planning and work, and I'm not sure they had time to really enjoy their wedding. I think most people would say that's true of their weddings. But, the good thing is they had the wedding they dreamed of and they're very happy. Isn't that what life is about.
1 comment:
I'm glad you posted pics of their wedding as I hadn't seen any yet.
Post a Comment