Well, this is certainly something different for me. I'm not exactly what you'd call computer savvy. Oh, I can pick my way through a MicroSoft application okay, but actually figuring out a blog - well that's a totally different story!
So, putting my foot into the technological world to create a blog is the start of something new. They say with everything new something goes by the wayside, and in this case, I would say it's the end of an era. The Beach Era.
Brent and his parents shared a mobile home for vacationing at the beach for the last 20-something years. Increasing rent and decreasing vacation time have made it impractical to continue maintaining our home away from home in Ocean City, MD. Brent and I cleaned the place out on Saturday and made the long, 4-hour trek home for the last time. It was sad. A few sniffles. But lots of good memories.
Hard to believe the mobile home was here!

So, putting my foot into the technological world to create a blog is the start of something new. They say with everything new something goes by the wayside, and in this case, I would say it's the end of an era. The Beach Era.
Brent and his parents shared a mobile home for vacationing at the beach for the last 20-something years. Increasing rent and decreasing vacation time have made it impractical to continue maintaining our home away from home in Ocean City, MD. Brent and I cleaned the place out on Saturday and made the long, 4-hour trek home for the last time. It was sad. A few sniffles. But lots of good memories.
Hard to believe the mobile home was here!

7 comments:
Seeing those pictures brought tears to my eyes. It is truly sad to see the beach place go. So many great memories there. Too bad Gwen won't be able to say the same.
Wow honey, a Blog! I did not know about this. Nice start. We as you can see there' nuthin left, not even a poop pipe.
Well, your bike is still there ...:)
Cute, Bart, very cute!
I know, Kera. We thought about putting a bigger place there, but the way things were going we could have made a big investment and had the rug pulled out from under us. It just wasn't worth the expense any more. Good we have pics of Gwen's experience there twice anyway.
I think she was there three times - once not walking, twice walking.
wow--how sad to see the empty pad. the end of an era.
Post a Comment